More repairs at the dock

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
pj
Top poster

More repairs at the dock

Unread post by pj »

https://youtu.be/j29MT7_nxSk?t=1790
You can see more of the river on youtube than on our our own cctv ?
davidb
Top poster

Gate

Unread post by davidb »

Hi Pete, its a pity that firm hadn't been contracted to make a proper job of the sea gate, it might still be operational if they had been involved.Bazz is good at getting to grips with a mechanical problem. They do make a good intreresting video. D
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
pj
Top poster

Re: Gate

Unread post by pj »

davidb wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:36 pm .
Hi Pete, its a pity that firm hadn't been contracted to make a proper job of the sea gate, it might still be operational if they had been involved.Bazz is good at getting to grips with a mechanical problem. They do make a good intreresting video. D
Surprisingly I commented below this video asking if Baz also did dock gates, as the gates weren't working and have just noticed that comments on this video have now been turned off?
dr.syn
Top poster

Re: More repairs at the dock

Unread post by dr.syn »

It makes you wonder, if the actual dock was that important to them they would have had it done well before now, probably gonna just use the walls, silver river is the only boat that gets in, then they can turn it into flats. The marina will have to dig a trench beside the bowling green
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
pj
Top poster

Unread post by pj »

dr.syn wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:29 am It makes you wonder, if the actual dock was that important to them they would have had it done well before now, probably gonna just use the walls, silver river is the only boat that gets in, then they can turn it into flats. The marina will have to dig a trench beside the bowling green
I think the problem is also where to keep the pilot boat.
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

They could lift that one and out on a cradle with the big cranes, like some lifeboats do 😉
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse