do you want to use club moorings at Piel in 2024

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
chorleyjohn
Top poster

do you want to use club moorings at Piel in 2024

Unread post by chorleyjohn »

As moorings officer for the club I have been asked to find out how many members will want to use the moorings at Piel in future so the committee can access the number of mooring required. So please send me an email with your name ; boat name ; Length; draft ; keel type. all information will be treated in confidence.
If you are a new member who as not yet visited Piel island but would like to do so please send your details as above and include a note if this next year you would like to sail over in company with other members and I will try and arrange some trips.
My contact details are listed in the members section best regards to all.
Kainoa

Re: do you want to use club moorings at Piel in 2024

Unread post by Kainoa »

Good effort John but this shows the club has a problem reaching not yet been afloat members . You can count me in as

you know, but maybe a letter to all members possibly email. We are financially sound but need to get people on the water. New members that have no intention of going on the water just clog up the boat park.This is a problem with many clubs nowadays , the encouragement is needed around the boat park in helping others to go sailing. We have the regular cruisers that will sail as usual, we have the regular dinghy sailors, but there is your void. Crack that and you can be prime minister. Scrub that you'd be too smart.
jack sparrow
Top poster

Unread post by jack sparrow »

Hi John

I am not saying that I would use it but we defiantly need at least 2 deep water moorings for fin keel yachts, even if it's just for a overnight stop when the Lunne is not accessible, but keeping them will be the problem :cry:

I think when you look around with your under water camera you might find a wind turbine service boat attached and there is nothing you can do :oops:

Mick
The Other Woman
chorleyjohn
Top poster

Thanks Mick I will add you to the list of users do you have problems if you try and anchor at Piel ?
Best regards John
jack sparrow
Top poster

Unread post by jack sparrow »

Hi John

I once tried to anchor in the pool at piel but had no success :| slippers was on board and said it might be to risky to drop the anchor in the buoyed area as there was a lot of ground tackle on the bottom, so we sailed back on the next tide.
Mick
chorleyjohn
Top poster

Thanks Mick for that information , I guess Slippers may also use the Piel moorings for the same reason.
chorleyjohn
Top poster

To all members if you think you may need to use Piel moorings for any reason and you have not contacted me all you need to do now is add your boat name in a reply to this listing. I need to get the real number of members who want to support keeping the moorings so the club committee can justify the cost of maintaining them.
Best regards to all John.