BBC petition

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
davidb
Top poster

BBC petition

Unread post by davidb »

Good morning after enduring 6 weeks of rubbish foreign radio and TV programming, I got this from a member and thought I would share it with you. David

Dear friends, I just signed the petition "Save Our BBC" and wanted to ask if you could add your name too. This campaign means a lot to me and the more support we can get behind it, the better chance we have of succeeding. You can read more and sign the petition here: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/ ... c-1?bucket p
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
pj
Top poster

Re: BBC petition

Unread post by pj »

Hi Dave
In the interest of fairness and to prevent the club being accused if bias I think we should also have a balancing petition.
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/ ... icence-fee :lol:
pj
jack sparrow
Top poster

Unread post by jack sparrow »

Hi Dave,
This part of the statement made me laugh.

The way that it is funded means that it's independent of government and corporate pressure.
Now you have listened to news from different parts of the world you must agree the BBC only tell you one side of the story🤫. Anyway if they make it pay to view then you will have a choice, not forced to pay a licence fee whether you watch or not.
End of rant.
Mick.
The Other Woman.
jack sparrow
Top poster

Hi Pete

Just signed your link.😂

Mick
davidb
Top poster

Unread post by davidb »

Well everyone to their own, I know the there are many different ways of watching television and videos but bbc's quality has always been sky high compared to overseas.

I'm not too bothered about TV though because with catch up can get rid of the adverts when you are at home, and make recordings from a big choice of channels, but what I am bothered about is the broadcast radio side of it. I would happily pay 80% of the licence just for quality radio available throughout the whole area of the country and also world service abroad.

Radio 2 and 4 are always-on when I need anything to listen to and virtually all the podcasts I enjoy and use a lot are from from the BBC.

My views are not the club views so we're not biased. It's just me that's biased! 🙂
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
jack sparrow
Top poster

Hi Dave

Only my own thoughts, whilst we're still allowed.

Did you know that the BBC has 61 radio stations under its control all paid for our of our licence fee I think it only fair to maybe sell a few off and keep about 10 including radio 2 (although you can sack that Jeremy Vine it would save me turning it off), 3 and 4, you can forget radio 1 as I am now out of that bracket.(to old).
Do you remember When we use to tune in to radio Caroline? And keep a look out for the police😆. Now you can just ask Alexa to play Radio Caroline flashback👍.
Anyway the point is the BBC is controlling the news out there and not telling us the whole story.
End of rant
Will buy you a pint next time at the club😂
Mick
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

Cheers Mick, very decent of you
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
Jim Cruise
Top poster

Unread post by Jim Cruise »

I've signed Pete's petition too.

Whoever heard of a corporation
(a) being able to charge you for its products whether you want them or not?
(b) being able to prosecute and ultimately jail you if you decline to pay?
c.lambert

Unread post by c.lambert »

It's never been the same since they took off 'One Man and His Dog'.
davidb
Top poster

Unread post by davidb »

Well I'm really glad I started this now! You'll all be sad if we lose it - we will never get it back.
Populism is taking over the world.
Jim Cruise
Top poster

Unread post by Jim Cruise »

Better than unpopulism surely.
pj
Top poster

Unread post by pj »

Jim Cruise wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:15 pm Better than unpopulism surely.
8)
davidb
Top poster

Unread post by davidb »

:roll: