All moored boats accounted for?

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
hinasmoon
Top poster

All moored boats accounted for?

Unread post by hinasmoon »

I noticed that there was one boat left on the moorings. I was just about to alter the pauses as it was on a swinging mooring and needed two pauses for LW and HW. It was then that I noticed it had vacated the mooring, it was there this morning, so hopefully is now back in the park or dock.
Anyone confirm that is the case just in case it has gone walk about due to the poor weather.
Cheers
John
' what you forgot is still there, it's just a matter of remembering where it is! '
slippers
Top poster

Re: All moored boats accounted for?

Unread post by slippers »

it was there at high water when i left the club today. :cry:
hinasmoon
Top poster

That does not look too good Dave, let's hope it went into the Dock. I saw it this morning at LW.
Yesterday I saw that it dropped out of camera shot as it has quite a bit of scope on the riser. I thought I would place two pauses so that he could see it at any tide state, that;s when I noticed it was missing.
I know he is a new member and is a 17' Caprice (I think) but do not know anything more.

Perhaps someone hopefully knows which member he is and can give him a ring.

think next year it may be best to have access by phone or email for all boats on the mooring as I usually look every day to check the mooring cam, adding or taking off any boats on the panning.
Fingers crossed all is well.
Thanks
John
' what you forgot is still there, it's just a matter of remembering where it is! '
pj
Top poster

Unread post by pj »

I have only Just seen tonight at 2215 so have left David Milnes a message on his answer phone. Hopefully all is okay with his boat. Maybe he has gone sailing ?
PJ
hinasmoon
Top poster

Hi Pete,

Yes, hope all is well, I just hope, either he is safe in the yard or the slow internet did not refresh in time to see him, though I did watch for quite a time.
If it was the internet speed I will slow the panning time which should cover the upload gaps..
John
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

What's the latest on this, is the boat safe
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
hinasmoon
Top poster

Hi Mick,
Still no news, Pete has not heard anything. I suppose he may have gone sailing though that day was not the best for an 17/18' boat, but that may be me.

Wonder if anyone has seen it in the harbour or could be in the park and no one has noticed. I will be up Saturday so will have a look.

Finger crossed.
John
tantrum

Unread post by tantrum »

There is a small yacht in the field close to the westerly ketch that has been there for some time. It is upright and from the road, doesn't appear damaged.
hinasmoon
Top poster

Thanks for the info,bet that is her. It, I think is too coincidental for another boat to be there. If it is, it has been there since Sunday, but no sooner.
I think the boat in question is a Caprice, but do not know her name.

If anyone is up there before Saturday would they be good enough to get her name or a photo..
It can be quite bad to walk around there, many muddy gullies so do not put yourself at risk.
The owner has had a message left on his phone about the concern about his boat, so not a lot more that can be done until proven that it is his boat.

Hope he does not live alone and was on his boat etc, etc.....

John
pj
Top poster

Unread post by pj »

Tried ringing David Milne again this morning but only get an answerphone.
pj
Chriss
Top poster

Unread post by Chriss »

It's a silhouette.
chris
hinasmoon
Top poster

If he is anything like me I do not listen to messages as I have lost my pin number, twice now so just do not bother now.
Our Tony is up there now so will give him a ring to see if he can shed some light on the aground boat, that's if is phone is charged.
John
hinasmoon
Top poster

Tony says the boats name is in two parts and longish...anyone know if David Milne's boat is made up of two parts..if it is then this nigh on his boat...
John
pj
Top poster

Unread post by pj »

David Milnes boat is called Blue Mist.
pj
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

The name is in two parts, has the bow broken off?
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
hinasmoon
Top poster

Mick,my phraseology is great....:-)

Pete, it looks like it is the boat, now where is the owner..... Could be on his hols..Hopefully.
onewaygeorge
Top poster

Unread post by onewaygeorge »

Will there be a rescue mission during next weekends spring tides. Please will someone put it on the forum. I for one may be available to help depending on what day.
hinasmoon
Top poster

Hi George, I should be up, but weather dependant as Jeanette has the car and I will be on the bike and I don't ride in the wet...
onewaygeorge
Top poster

Unread post by onewaygeorge »

Hi John, I didn't mean this weekend, I meant next weekend, laying up supper and A.G.M. The tides are best on the Monday or Tuesday and as it happens more convenient for those of us who like to sleep 'till a civilised time in the morning.
pj
Top poster

Unread post by pj »

Update.
David knows about Blue Mist he has been on holiday and has now been out to the boat to lay the anchor.
pj
hinasmoon
Top poster

Hi George
Not sure if I will be up, but if there I will certainly give a push if required...good news that David is on the ball, at least it should be safer now.
John