Do You remember This Boat

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
Big john
Top poster

Do You remember This Boat

Unread post by Big john »

Do you remember this boat , It always used to be somewhere at front at most of the races to Piel and round the Light. with Alan or Sue at the Helm.
At the moment looking a bit unloved, but still proudly displaying the Glasson SC sticker.
20160313_113240.jpg
(247.75 KiB) Downloaded 1507 times
davidb
Top poster

Re: Do You remember This Boat

Unread post by davidb »

Yes, is it on Windermere now? david
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
Big john
Top poster

Hi Dave yeh, on a mooring at Whitecroos Bay. We launched Jacks Ben. 28.5 on Sat with help of the Counci;l Tractor at Ferry Nabb , I think they coud do with a merlo to make things Quicker ,easy and safer. 8)
20160312_122201.jpg
(271.69 KiB) Downloaded 1497 times
alround

Unread post by alround »

Hi John - nice to see Mistral is still afloat - but could do with a fair bit of TLC. I delivered to Whitecross Bay for the new owner in 2004 !! How time flies - looks as though it has spent the winter(s) afloat, which is crazy considering how easy it was to recover!!

Thanks for the photo and hope Jack (and no doubt you) enjoy some sailing on Windermere. Do they still have cruiser races - there used to be a fairly large racing fleet of 22' to 28' cruisers in our day. (We had 4 season on Windermere before joining GSC.)

Alan
Big john
Top poster

Hi Alan thanks for that ,Wow 2004 I remember well that Lighthouse race with Dave in Jenny. Yes I think Mistral has been left on her mooring all winter, she was the only one on a mooring in Whitecross bay.There has been a lot of racing with the winter series , 40 - 50 boats out each week , dont think Jack will let me loose to race his pride and Joy, anyway all the best to you and Sue.