RYA Push The Boat Out 21/22 May

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
Roger
Top poster

RYA Push The Boat Out 21/22 May

Post by Roger »

Hi All,
Thanks to all who expressed support for GSC to do something for this event. I think there's enough early interest and support to do something.
I've registered the club and have been asked to summarise what the club is offering. This is what I am proposing:

'Saturday + Sunday 21/22 May

Dinghy / day boat sailing on Glasson Marina canal basin. Share a boat with club members. Access to the water throughout the day.

Sailing on River Lune - round Plover Scar lighthouse or up river to a Public House for lunch. Share a boat with club members. Limited access due to tidal nature of river. Tidal window 1.5 hours either side of high water. 11.50 Sat and 12.25 Sunday.

Open house at Glasson Sailing Club for the day. Have a look round and absorb the atmosphere.

BBQ on Saturday evening. '

We'll see what comes back from that. I've indicated that we require pre-booking to assess numbers. That may put off ad hoc visitors. RYA will be doing an ad campaign and provide access to promotional material and banners. It may be more productive, in terms of potential new members, if club members sound out family, friends and colleagues for these dates.

The RYA is offering a free ticket to the Dinghy Show at Alexandra Palace for a GSC 'ptbo co-ordinator' on 6 March. There'll be a briefing to listen to. I'll be away so if anybody is interested in going, let me know.

Regards

Roger
valsimpkin
Top poster

Re: RYA Push The Boat Out 21/22 May

Post by valsimpkin »

I'm afraid Jeff's away over that weekend for definite. I'm not sure where I'll be LOL