Dinghy Racing

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
SteveS
Top poster

Dinghy Racing

Unread post by SteveS »

Until the work party on Saturday, I had not realised just how significant the damage was to our garage. I was also informed that the garage doors cannot be opened, which seeing the condition of the garage was not surprising and would be dangerous. However, this does mean that the Patrol Boat would not be available when dinghies are on the water. This would seem to be an unacceptable risk to safety. Therefore the dinghy racing series is suspended until further notice. I will of course keep you updated on when we are in a position to continue.
Big john
Top poster

Re: Dinghy Racing

Unread post by Big john »

Hi Steve the weather is looking good to get the dinghy out Sat . HW 1600. There should be lots of bods about with the Pool Match in the evening , is there any dinghy racing on ? Cheers John. :P
Roger
Top poster

Unread post by Roger »

Chaps,
The new 40' container should be delivered this Friday and could be used as a temporary store (in a temporary position to be defined by Gilly) for the patrol boat etc until the pads are in place and we're ready to place it where the white container used to be.

Such a move would also allow the garage repair contractors to get access to the cleared garage as and when things are ok'd.

So, given the cracking forecast - let's get sailing !

Roger
SteveS
Top poster

Unread post by SteveS »

I think having a dinghy race on Saturday is a great idea. It can't be included in any Series but it would be a great shake down to dust off the cobwebs and get ready for the Spring Series. Anyone not wanting to race could perhaps refresh themselves on manning the Patrol Boat. Can anyone who would like to support such a race show their interest by replying on the Forum.
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

Steve, I should be there between 1 and 2 so might be in time to man the boat. (Get out of working on the new container)
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
davidb
Top poster

Unread post by davidb »

What an attitude for an RCC !

( Rear Commodore Containers )

David :roll:
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
Duncan
Top poster

Unread post by Duncan »

Hi Steve, I will be at GSC tomorrow and will race if conditions are favourable.
Duncan
Top poster

Unread post by Duncan »

Is 5 to 9 SSW favourable? On second thoughts chaps i will give it a miss this weekend! When is the first race of the Spring series Steve?