Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
chrisb
Top poster

Unread post by chrisb »

illum.jpg
illum.jpg (70.09 KiB) Viewed 2715 times

Well done everyone for getting this far.... Happy New Year.
So many messages I have seen are along the lines of "Well, it can only get better". Well, it HAS got better. It's stopped raining for one thing - so now we have snow!

Last year gave us a new appreciation of friends and family, and the great outdoors. Do you know, there are some daffodils out in a garden near us, and, I am told, in Heaton Park (Manchester). Also a chance to save some money (and help reduce pollution) by not zooming around so much except on Zoom, where the world comes to the comfort of our living rooms. And "work" which wasn't hands-on was done without a tedious commute.

The upcoming social at GSC before everything shut down, was to have been Helen Loxam doing a tour of the dock, then friday fish&chips in the clubhouse, followed by Helen giving an illustrated talk. That was last April. Shall I see if she can "Zoom" it? Or try again for this April? We have had some good GSC Zoom sessions, and some not so good. It's no good if people just sit there staring at a camera (we know what we look like) - it relies on a few people joining in (thanks Colin, Big John, Mick B, Duncan, Ann "Chorley" John, and anyone else who has contributed or done a quiz).

The Glasson Girls have had some good Zooms, but then women do natter on a bit, and keep it going. Like me now. So I'll stop right there.
dr.syn
Top poster

Re: 2021

Unread post by dr.syn »

Yes, please keep it going, even if it's fortnightly it is great to chat with sailing buddies. Thanks for setting it all up
Stedfast and crew
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
Duncan
Top poster

Unread post by Duncan »

Many thanks to all who have taken part in the zoom events and a special thanks to Chris and David who have organised most of the meetings. Anne and I have really enjoyed keeping in touch and hearing everyones news. We have not experienced the trials of isolation here, but hang on! Strike that, we are allegedly living in the most isolated city in the world! Hope to see you all in the flesh before long. Happy New Year!
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

Just because it's the new year and you're living in an isolated community, don't bring that "see you in the flesh" lark over here. Wait, on second thoughts 👀
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse