Moving forward.

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
slippers
Top poster

Moving forward.

Unread post by slippers »

In light of Staffords understandable absence I am willing to cover his role regarding vehicle maintenance until his hopeful return, along with the maintenance the role would include all driving operations for the merlo, this would prevent any cross contamination, sadly this would only result in a limited service as I currently am at work 5 days a week on varying shifts, to enhance this, after the commissioning inspection of the jcb another driver could be allocated to that vehicle along with a set of strops ect to be kept with that vehicle, if the vehicle requires attention it should be unused and isolated a min 72hrs before repair work or maintenance is carried out this would hopefully fill any gaps in service although not expecting a huge rush,
in line with this could the workshop and space in front be allocated as a quarantine area for the cage and harnesses, 72hrs between use ect,drivers only to hitch unhitch trailers ,no contamination as boat owners may not be present when recovering trailers, only boat owners and crew as per covid guidelines to handle ropes ect,if your boat recovery cannot be accomplished without outside assistance other than a vehicle don't launch.
Also could a request be made that if you have a mooring and are not intending to use it this year, could it perhaps be loaned out to reduce launch and recovery demand in these fast changing uncertain times,
regards D Holmes.
dr.syn
Top poster

Re: Moving forward.

Unread post by dr.syn »

That sounds like a good idea Dave
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
Kainoa

Unread post by Kainoa »

Great idea Dave and I can be of any help in cleansing aperatus etc , or the other driver . Glad to help.
jack sparrow
Top poster

Unread post by jack sparrow »

Yes that sounds like a good idea and takes the pressure off stafford. I realise we can't go sailing overnight but it would give people a chance to do work up there mast in order to be ready for when we get the go ahead from the government that it is safe to go sailing ie stop out overnight👍.
Unless anyone wants a boat delivering😅.
Mick
Roger
Top poster

Unread post by Roger »

Slippers,
Thanks for the offer.

Yes that looks like a way forward. I'll discuss with the committee.

Regards

Roger
Duncan
Top poster

Unread post by Duncan »

I have 2 moorings in the river and would be willing to loan them out until I get back to England! Inspect them first though and maintain as necessary. No responsibility accepted if your boat ends up in Lancaster!
Serendipity

Unread post by Serendipity »

Serendipity
I think it is a good proposal too and I would be willing to put my name forward as a nominated driver if necessary too provided it fit in with when I can be there.
Regards
Andrew