more weather sites

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
dr.syn
Top poster

more weather sites

Post by dr.syn »

I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
davidb
Top poster

Re: more weather sites

Post by davidb »

Thanks Mick,

that waverider site could be very useful http://wavenet.cefas.co.uk/Map?ZoomTo=-3.1957%2C53.8955

We are lucky to have two buoys near Morecambe Bay. Has anyone on here been up to either of them? It would be interesting to have a look at it.

Latest data values from 'Morecambe Bay Waverider' (WMO ID: 6201029) provided by 'Channel Coastal Observatory', located at 53°59'.37N, 003°03'.96W

Time (GMT) Sig. wave height (m) Tpeak (s) Tz (s) Peak direction (degrees) Spread (degrees) Sea temperature (°C)
04-Apr-17 05:31 1.00 5.0 3.7 235 23 9.35

cheers, David
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
dr.syn
Top poster

Post by dr.syn »

Ian's been VERY close to one. i seem to remember him and John had a swordfight with it.
I passed one on a direct route from Fleetwood to half way shoal last year, they look like little spucknicks with whip aerials
chorleyjohn
Top poster

Post by chorleyjohn »

WARNING don't pass too close to one Ian and I got tethered to one by our prop getting caught up in some fishing net trailing from it. It took the lifeboat to cut us free. We could not get near the stern of our boat because the aerial was trying to spear us due to the swell and fast running tide. The main lifeboat came out to us in the middle of Morecambe bay but they could not get near to our stern so they sent for the inshore inflatable who's crew eventually managed to cut us free with a long handled blade that looked like a medieval battle spike provided by the big lifeboat but it was very dangerous for them due to the aerial whipping around and the buoy crashing into the back of our boat. When we were released the ball of fishing net around our prop limited our helm so the lifeboat towed us back into Fleetwood marina where we managed to remove the fishing net and returned to Glasson the next day.
dr.syn
Top poster

Post by dr.syn »

Wouldn't it be boring if the trip to Piel was straight there on a flat sea
onewaygeorge
Top poster

Post by onewaygeorge »

How we delight in one anothers fiascos.