Easter Shakedown 25th March 2016

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
Big john
Top poster

Easter Shakedown 25th March 2016

Unread post by Big john »

Following discusions in the Club on Sunday with RC Cruising Roger and VP Norman, There is an organized Cruise in Company to Piel Island For Easter. A draft of events : Leave Glasson SC. around HW (12.20 GMT VHF ch77) Friday, pick up moorings Piel Island ,evening at the Ship Inn; Sat. a fun race locally then sail up to Barrow,pick up moorings Near the Bridge, Evening poss a meal at the Ferry Inn then to Seaweed Corner (Please bring Guitars/ukes/banjos it ended up a good musical night there last year) Sunday and Monday weather permitting Haverigg (Please see roger for Details)
Boats Going So far; Sea Fox, Rice Pudding, Helga, Penny Diamond. Chablis. Please contact , Forum or Roger if you intend Going/ ,there is still time to prepare your boat or there may be crew required. :P
jack sparrow
Top poster

Re: Easter Shakedown 25th March 2016

Unread post by jack sparrow »

Hi john
Will the bottom of the slip be finished by then? As the email I received seems to say big boats won't be able to launch.
Mick
Big john
Top poster

Hi Mick they are big Tides around Easter Time , so I don't think there will be any problems launching your boat around HW I will check with Mr Gill next time I am at the club It would be great if you can come along cheers john ps. Dont bank on any Silverware .
tantrum

Unread post by tantrum »

Hello John
Weather permitting, Tantrum and I would like to join. Will head back from seaweed corner though as I don't fancy Haverigg.
All the best
Phil
Big john
Top poster

Hi Phil It would be great if you come along, Yes it is weather permitting although for the last 3-4 seasons the weather has been good early season, It will be good to check the Glasson moorings at Piel and there are plenty good moorings up at Seaweed and yes Haverigg Dries ! All the best John.