lancaster Power off?

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
davidb
Top poster

lancaster Power off?

Unread post by davidb »

Our Vicky, who lives in freehold, ( above the Dukes) says their power is off due to a sub station flood.

Is the club's power off? the computers seem to have been off all morning.
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
davidb
Top poster

Re: lancaster Power off?

Unread post by davidb »

"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
pj
Top poster

Unread post by pj »

Power went off around 2230 last night and was still off when I left around 1100 today with no sign of it coming back on for a while.
Pj
slippers
Top poster

Unread post by slippers »

i was up dinner time,still no power and rumoured to be Tuesday before its back on,had to return home last night,have lost my keys :roll:
davidb
Top poster

Unread post by davidb »

Vicky said mobile phones wern't working in the area either, I bet that was more of a shock to the system for some people than no power.

davidb
Top poster

Club electricity

Unread post by davidb »

Vicky just texted, their street is back on - well done someone down near the river, rather them than me.

Just looked on Elec NW website : http://www.enwl.co.uk/power-cuts/live-p ... ent-outage

Street Name: DRY DOCK
Region: LANCASHIRE
Postcode: LA2 0DB

Estimated time of restoration for the majority of customers: 8 December 2015, 19:00

Estimated time of restoration

19:00, 8 December 2015
davidb
Top poster

Its off again

Unread post by davidb »

07/12/15: Power lost to Lancaster and surrounding areas (17:00 update)
The power supply to 42,000 customers in Lancaster, Morecambe, Carnforth has been lost at 4pm this afternoon.

Power was restored to all but 300 customers this morning after floodwater breached flood defences at Lancaster's main substation just before 23:00 on Saturday, cutting power to 55,000 properties.

Engineers are still onsite and are investigating the cause of the outage and will update customers as soon as possible.

Mark Williamson, operations director for Electricity North West, said: “Unfortunately power has been lost to customers in Lancaster and surrounding areas.

“We are onsite and investigating the cause and we will update customers as soon as we find out more and again we would like to thank our customers for their patience and support during what continues to be an enormously challenging time for everyone involved.”

2,657 properties remain without power in Cumbria, where floodwater is restricting access for Electricity North West teams.

Flood defences at Kendal and Carlisle substations have held, protecting supplies to 110,000 homes.

Vulnerable customers, including some older or disabled people, or those with a medical dependency on electricity, can also sign up to the Priority Services Register by visiting www.enwl.co.uk/priority or contacting Electricity North West on 0800 195 4141.

For updates please visit @ElectricityNW, visit www.enwl.co.uk or call 0800 195 4141.

Go back to all news articles
What happens when I have a power cut?
Are you a priority customer?

We appreciate that some customers have additional requirements and may have circumstances where a priority service is needed for a variety of reasons.
Learn more
Knowledge centre

Find answers to questions about Electricity North West, including details on electricity connections, power cuts and general enquiries

Check out frequently asked questions and our user guides.
Read more
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

how do you contact them etc if all the lecky's off.
Trouble is with water, it comes to the new defences but hasn't been told it must stop there, so it goes around it and floods somewhere else. Best to make channels in old rivers and dykes
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
Roger
Top poster

Unread post by Roger »

What a week-end that was ! Something not quite right with the weather.
Power came on at 06.30 this am and has stayed on this time. We lost it on Sat evening so have been 'off the grid' so to speak. My local, the Wagon, was flooded out by ground water. Looks like they'll lose the Xmas trade. Good job it was neaps. This week-end is forecast for another 2 inches and Springs - but I reckon it'll feel like a slight shower this time......
The Lune was amazingly fast and brown. The flood wall did its thing but there was nowhere for the ground run off water to go. The new storage facility under the bus station quickly filled up and then o er flowed - flooding that end of town. The shrimper moored on the Quay ripped the eye out of the 18th century stonework and went seaward. A container came down the River and pinballed off the bridges which were shut pending inspection.
We were lucky - far worse elsewhere but it makes you realise how dependant we are on leckie.

Worse things happen at sea etc

Roger
Chriss
Top poster

Unread post by Chriss »

I had 3ft or so of ground water in my cellar. Its gone now. It doesn't leave any mess like river water. Some stuff I had in the cellar will be knackered though.

Chris
chris