Spring Series Racing

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
SteveS
Top poster

Spring Series Racing

Unread post by SteveS »

Thanks to Ivan and Big John the dinghy racing finally got underway over the Easter Weekend. The Spring Series continues on Saturday with the first race scheduled for 13.30 (HW 14.32 - 8.7m) and on Sunday with the first race at 14.15 (HW 15.11 - 8.3m).

Unfortunately again I cannot get to the club due to transport problems but hopefully the racing will go ahead as the racers seem to be raring to go.

Please check the Patrol Boat is available as the last I heard it was still with the people who did the servicing.

Have a great weekend and hope to see you all soon.

Steve

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/LA2_0DB

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/morecambe_bay
ivanocean
Top poster

Re: Spring Series Racing

Unread post by ivanocean »

Sadly, due to light winds and low cloud, only three dinghies sailed on Saturday, one on Sunday.It can only improve !
We did not race.

Oh ! Just a point-----has anyone any idea where the Race Starting manual is ? It's disappeared and was not in
evidence over the Easter period.
Ivan.
hinasmoon
Top poster

Unread post by hinasmoon »

Hi Ivan,
Regarding the auto start, all switches on the left hand side should be up.
If you or the starter wishes to race you turn the delay control to the desired approx time to allow you to get to your dingy start position.
After selecting the desired delay you press the start button and run to your dingy..

You would under this circumstances record your own finish times.

If you are just the race officer and not racing then turn the delay fully Anti-clockwise (no delay) then press the start button for the automatic start sequence.

The horn button can be sounded at anytime e.g. False start or recall
and then press the reset to stop the auto start sequence.
If a restart just press the start button again.

I will reprint the instructions.
John
' what you forgot is still there, it's just a matter of remembering where it is! '
ivanocean
Top poster

Hello John,
Thanks for your rapid response.
Having used the system myself a number of times, I don't have a problem remembering it.Very easy to operate.
My main concern is,the other contents of the file.over the many years were records of the various courses we use
relating to wind and tide directions, Personally I compiled quite a large number of these, my name appears on them all.
These items are the property of GSC and have NEVER BEEN REMOVED from the race box before!
I carried out a further search over the weekend, alas, without success . They've vanished !
Ivan
hinasmoon
Top poster

Unread post by hinasmoon »

Hi Ivan,
That's bad news, have you asked Steve if he has seen them.
Fingers crossed they turn up, someone may have put them in a safe place and forgotten about them. Hopefully your post may bring them to light.
Good luck.
John
' what you forgot is still there, it's just a matter of remembering where it is! '
SteveS
Top poster

Unread post by SteveS »

When I tidied the OD Box a few weeks ago there was a blue ring binder file in the left hand drawer. This contained a lot of information and plans of the buoys with the exception of "f" which was only placed there about this time last year. It had the up-to-date PYs etc. Is there anything in the left drawer?
ivanocean
Top poster

Hi Steve,
Please refer to my previous notes on this subject.
Ivan