Mooring on Lune available?

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
davidb
Top poster

Mooring on Lune available?

Unread post by davidb »

It's a bit late to ask about this but,..,....... I can forward any replies to him, thanks David

I am enquiring if it is possible use a swinging mooring outside of Glasson dock for a visiting Yacht?
Kira is a cape cutter 19 with a 0.5m draft.
i am planning a trip which would see me requiring a mooring on Sat 4th Sept and wed 8th Sept
if this is not possible are there anchorages or drying moorings available?
best regards

Lee
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
dr.syn
Top poster

Re: Mooring on Lune available?

Unread post by dr.syn »

Hi Lee, it's good holding if you want to anchor among the moorings, it's not deep either, just check you've got enough water under you to get away when you want. Anchor just before the catermaran, between it and the green motor sailer and you'll have no problem. I often go out there for the night, I'll post a link of it last week when it's finished loading.
Also Sunderland point is ok as well, if you fancy that then get in touch and I'll give you the coordinates of the anchorage there.
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
pj
Top poster

Re: Mooring on Lune available?

Unread post by pj »

Hi Dave
I only saw this post this / Sat morning and went up for a sail, we didn't see any boats coming in apart from Silver River and only Andrew went out. He can use my mooring on those dates at his own risk. It's a yellow hippo buoy with a white pickup and the aft mooring is an orange buoy if fore and aft is required, It is to the east of the two moored boats and the only hippo out there.
pj