REGATTA GSC

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
Chriss
Top poster

REGATTA GSC

Unread post by Chriss »

Dear members

This year's regatta is scheduled for 21/22 August and plans are underway for the event. I hope people are looking forward to this having missed last year. It would be great to see as many of you as possible out on the water. With this in mind the dingies and dayboats will form a rally rather than a race to hopefully encourage maximum participants. The patrol boat will be in attendance.

There will also be lighthouse races for cruisers as in previous years.

As far as the social side of the regatta is concerned, due to the pandemic this will be outside as much as possible. There will be the tarpaulin and gazebos provided for your comfort given the great British climate. If members have folding chairs, tables etc that would be a great help. It is likely there will be some form of outside bar, details to follow. The situation is being closely monitored by the committee and will be updated as things change. If members bring picnic type food this will ensure social distancing can be practiced as some members are reluctant to mix in confined spaces and large numbers.

Can I finally thank the members for their understanding and I'm sure it will still be a great event.

Happy Sailing

Ian

Ian Sharples Vice Commodore GSC
chris