Let's get some boats wet

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
Kainoa

Let's get some boats wet

Unread post by Kainoa »

This club like many others have would be sailors that don't fit in with the guys that sail the seven seas or dinghy sail from Owen,s group. I want to try to reach out to you people who just want to start with the river or the bay. There's plenty of land lubbers talking of there past and mock the under dogs, well this may your opportunity to make a start. I suggest a clubhouse meet ,but I want a response from you first. I expect some amusing remarks here but let's ignore them and get sailing. I'm just another member reaching out to you to stop polishing that old boat and come for a sail . Contact me on here initially and let's see if we can buck the trend before we all give up and become golfers.
dr.syn
Top poster

Re: Let's get some boats wet

Unread post by dr.syn »

golfers ? right that's it. I'm in
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
chorleyjohn
Top poster

Unread post by chorleyjohn »

Yes don't just dream about sailing when the weathers right lets help you get on the water please just from a orderly queue for going down the slip and we can sail in convoy over to Piel island and beyond. Op's hope I can find enough moorings for you all. :roll: :roll: :shock:
valsimpkin
Top poster

Unread post by valsimpkin »

I'm not really sure who you're talking to - Owen talks to the dayboat sailors and dinghy sailors who do pretty much exactly what you are suggesting - sail on the river and maybe out into the Bay a bit. We might even sail in company up to the pub, for a drink and a chat before sailing back down again when the tide turns. Plenty of us do that - come along and join us.

I don't think there are any underdogs in the Club - and certainly no mocking of anybody - but if you are new to sailing, and I speak from experience here, then sailing in company is a good and safe way to get to know how this very special river works.

We sail a dayboat - for full disclosure, as they say! A 14' Lune Pilot. Lots of traditional boats in the club and, we are the prettiest fleet on the river and no mistake!
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

I think Dave is on about the people who have boats on site but don't use them for one reason or another. Some will sit there till the owner dies, this is going to be a big problem with all sailing clubs soon. It's ok thinking that it still brings revenue but it also stops people from joining with boats that want to sail but can't because the club says we've no more room. This includes the dayboats as well, I think there's only 3 that get out together when the tide serves.
Yes we are the prettiest fleet on the river but we don't have too much competition unless you count the swan's at Condor.
Wishing everyone a happy Christmas and healthy New Year
Dr Syn and crew
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
David Fleming

Unread post by David Fleming »

We don’t get out as often as we’d like - happy to get involved with this group. (Oh, and I DO play golf already 😊)
Kainoa

Unread post by Kainoa »

Hi David thanks for your response I simply am trying to link up the guys that may wish to sail about locally with smallish cruiser. I seem to have offended some which wasn't, my intention. Dinghy sailing is not my target. I know that many boats haven't been going out and these folk must intend to ,so that is my only intention.. We don't have access to members contacts other than here. Please phone me if you wish to arrange some meet up to discuss a bit of sailing..My no 07749231795. Please don't ring me for an argument as life is too short for that.