Track and trace

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
davidb
Top poster

Track and trace

Post by davidb »

Yesterday Einar placed a track and trace book plus a pen in the foyer together with a notice asking people to enter their name and the date when visiting the club.

He entered all the names of those present on Sunday, so to avoid too many people touching the pen, this is the plan, or BYO pen!

Please try to make as many members as possible aware of the need to use it.

I found on Saturday that the hand gel dispenser I had fitted at the club a week ago was a failure and had dripped all its 300ml contents onto the wet wipes bucket below. Are these actually meant to work with alcohol gel, or are they just for liquid soap? The batteries seem to be flat, but as no - one was there to keep an eye on it, we don't know what went wrong.

If you know of a local supplier of this sort of dispenser, please let me know.

Cheers,

David
drips.jpg
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
onewaygeorge
Top poster

Re: Track and trace

Post by onewaygeorge »

Should have put a notice up as well. Don't suppose the half dozen or so of us ( including a senior member of the committee) that were there on Monday signed Einars book.
Roger
Top poster

Re: Track and trace

Post by Roger »

All,
This initiative was discussed at the last committee meeting on Monday 14th Sept. It was strongly supported by concerned people and I agreed that a trial was appropriate. I'd seen similar at the Towy Boat Club on a scheduled workday, controlled by the day's organiser and sanitised between signings, and this influenced my judgement. Einar did the honours as requested and has set the book up in the foyer.

With the current negative trend and imminent increase in restrictions to combat the next spike, I'm now having second thoughts about the logic of requesting people to call in and dwell in the foyer to sign in with the addition of more 'touch points' that could become an infection path, when not strictly necessary.

The Government's track and trace system will cover such contacts if one of us comes down with the virus or has a positive test. (The Towy example was different because it was organised and we had to meet and demonstrate the max allowable number of 30 was not exceeded.)

So for clarity, I would not expect GSC members to have to sign in at this time. It was a worthwhile idea but things have changed.

Let's keep things simple: Follow government diktat - which takes precedence over any club advice. Please stay away if you've got symptoms or think you've been exposed to somebody who has. Don't congregate.

Fingers crossed for the next 6 months !

Roger