Spark Plug

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
Norman

Spark Plug

Unread post by Norman »

Hi All, When at Piel last time, launched the dinghy, started the Honda 2.3 and set off to the jetty, the outboard cut out and would not start, thought I had flooded the carb,so rowed over to the jetty, low water.
On our return to Rice Pudding in the dark and half flood, the Honda would not start, so set off rowing, ( would not have attempted it if we had paddles and not oars) with Elizabeth and Glenn on the oars, halfway across the tide was so strong we where virtually at a standstill, eventually made it to R.P.
We got onboard and dragged the dinghy onto R.P.one oar fell into the water, Elizabeth got back into the dinghy, unfortunately was not able to retrieve the oar, floated away, ( I have purchased a new pair, only available in pairs !!, cost £106. Ouch.)
Later on when back at GSC. I checked the spark plug, gap OK. and clean. I took the Honda 2.3 to Bridge House Marina to check over. The outcome is that they said that the problem was the plug fitted by Honda, the make of the spark pug is " Denso U14FSR-UB", they said that in there experience they had no end of failures to start due the Denso plug , Honda no longer fitting Denso to the larger engines !!

Regards,

Norman.
Duncan
Top poster

Re: Spark Plug

Unread post by Duncan »

Good tip, I will check the plug on my Honda 2.3 which i thought was a bit reluctant to start from new, unlike the suzuki which always started first pluck.
Serendipity

Re: Spark Plug

Unread post by Serendipity »

Thanks for info Norman, I will definitely check this out.

Regards
Andrew (Serendipity)