New Year's Eve at GSC

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
valsimpkin
Top poster

New Year's Eve at GSC

Unread post by valsimpkin »

If you are in the vicinity of the Club on New Year's Eve, why not spend a snug evening in the cosy clubhouse, surrounded by friends - and let the weather do its worst!

There's nothing formal planned but a number of members are regulars at seeing in the Bells down there - there are usually some party games and a Jacob's Join supper - and, of course, the bar will be open to help see the Old Year out and the New Year in! :P

Food, friends and fun - sounds like a brilliant way to start a new year to me
As usual - members' guests very welcome, please sign them in, in the usual way

We aren't usually there, unfortunately - the risk of fireworks at New Year these days mean we're stay-at-homes, coddling the collies but, wherever you are I hope you have a great evening and that 2016 is good to you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year xxx
dr.syn
Top poster

Re: New Year's Eve at GSC

Unread post by dr.syn »

bring them to the club Val, infact we could start a tradition "Bring your Pet Night".
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
davidb
Top poster

Unread post by davidb »

Well, we are not quite Partied-out. One more to go.... GSC on New Yr Eve. Well, not necessarily a party, though we often have a few games if that is what people want. And we definitely have music, food (Jacob's Join) and drink, and excellent company.
I think we have commented before, that it's better than going down town and paying silly prices to mingle with a lot of rowdy people who you don't know!
Chris B (on D's login, oops)
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
Duncan
Top poster

Unread post by Duncan »

Hi Chris, Anne wants to know at what time should we be there for the Jacobs join? :P
davidb
Top poster

Unread post by davidb »

Hi duncan, she said we often eat about 9, but I thought it was earlier than that. Cheers David
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
slippers
Top poster

Unread post by slippers »

sorry i cant make it up to the club(providing wifes taxi to work in the morning) :| all the best for the new year :P .
slippers.
Jim Cruise
Top poster

Unread post by Jim Cruise »

Sorry I didn't make it to the New Year's eve do. Intended to but prospect of sleeping in car not attractive in prevailing weather conditions.
So... Happy New Year to All.

Jim
pj
Top poster

Unread post by pj »

Hi Jim and Dave
Sorry you weren't there, You were both mentioned as being AWOL (Lexi was also missed)
Best wishes for the new year.
Ann & Pete