Bombard Rubber Dinghy Stolen from G.S.C.

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
Norman

Bombard Rubber Dinghy Stolen from G.S.C.

Unread post by Norman »

Rubber Dinghy Stolen from GSC.

I left my deflated Bombard Dinghy ( the dinghy is Red and marked Rice Pudding also with my post code ) attached to Rice Pudding's trailer on Friday so the puncture repair I had done would set over night. On my return on Saturday morning I discovered that it had been stolen over-night. We did an intensive search including the foreshore and the land by the warehouse to establish if the dinghy had been hidden to be collected at a later date. There have been two other thefts in Glasson that I have been told about over the last two weeks.

Norman.
hinasmoon
Top poster

Re: Bombard Rubber Dinghy Stolen from G.S.C.

Unread post by hinasmoon »

Hi Norman,
Very sad situation, wonder if any other boats have been targeted.
As you know Tony had a spate of thefts, we found a wheel that had been lifted plus a prop in the deep grass at the other side of the fence top end of the Bund.
Worth looking for trampled grass at the corner where the fence meets the shore line edge. This may lead to the tree edge and deep grass with associated clues.

Hopefully they may be on the Camera recordings and may soon have the police knocking on their door.

John
' what you forgot is still there, it's just a matter of remembering where it is! '
jack sparrow
Top poster

Unread post by jack sparrow »

Hi John.

When you say prop do you mean acro as I hsd 2 pinched last year. Norman found his dinghy after his intensive search it was in front of his boat ( should have gone to spec savers) anyway a big relief to us all.

Mick.
hinasmoon
Top poster

Hi Mick,
When I have finished the church spire I will let you have them back...:-)

The prop was actually a propeller taken off a boat and left in the long grass along with the JCB wheel rim, no doubt readying for later pick up..
Tony though has had two outboards stolen after chopping his chains....eeerrrrrrrrr!

Stolen or not, it brings home that they are looking all the the time....

Glad it was found, though do not buy a green one...:-)
John
' what you forgot is still there, it's just a matter of remembering where it is! '
davidb
Top poster

Unread post by davidb »

Oh Norman, watch out for a special presentation of something at the laying - up supper!
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
Norman

Unread post by Norman »

To keep the record strait, my dinghy that was stolen ( or removed without my permission ) is still missing when I left Glasson at 7 pm. to-day.

Norman.
hinasmoon
Top poster

Hi Norman,
I hope it is on the park,but confusing as to where it has been seen.
Fingers crossed.
John
jack sparrow
Top poster

Unread post by jack sparrow »

Sorry Norman.

The message I got was it was on the floor in front of your boat awaiting repair my mistake I presumed it had been found.

Mick