Piel Moorings

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
davidb
Top poster

Piel Moorings

Unread post by davidb »

Now that we have started cruising again, please could you report back here what you find when at Piel.

from the Mooring web page: http://glassonsailing.co.uk/wp/piel-moorings-2/

"At present the club has no moorings officer so sailors please report back exactly what you find whilst at Piel, preferably with a photo of the buoy you are moored up to and a photo of your GPS screen (ideally taken whilst the tide is flooding for consistency of location). These information pages can then be updated."
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
dr.syn
Top poster

Re: Piel Moorings

Unread post by dr.syn »

Couldn't see any at the weekend although it was crowded. Approximately where our no.1 use to be is a BIG yellow hippo with a pickup bouy on it that has "in use" , yeh right! Well it is, and it belongs to a wind cat with massive searchlights and when he comes back near midnight he don't take prisoners LOL. No it wasn't me, although I did lay on it until the ferry man told me he'd be back so I moved and two big yachts rafted up to it. Late that night the area was woken up by the searchlights shining through their windows.
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
davidb
Top poster

Re: Piel Moorings

Unread post by davidb »

Thanks Mick that doesn't sound very promising at all. D
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
davidb
Top poster

Good News

Unread post by davidb »

I had a message from Chriss last night, and it looks like No3 is still on station:

http://glassonsailing.co.uk/wp/piel-moo ... 3-mooring/
David