New kitchen units

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
chrisb
Top poster

New kitchen units

Unread post by chrisb »

moveable.jpg
Today AnnJ , D and I went to the workshops to see GSC's new kitchen units laid out. To say it is wonderful is an understatement (Obviously it has still got the white plastic protection on). The units will be delivered next week, initially into the Pool Room until skirtings are put on the newly plastered walls, and the splashback is fitted.

Just so you can get your bearings on this photo, Ann is standing in the lounge area, and I am moving the workbench which is on wheels. It will normally stay in the corner where the old black oven was, but we made it moveable to give more room at the sink if necessary, and to use as an "Island" unit if wished. The oven is already fitted into one unit. Today we were able, by putting the hobs onto the workbench and shuffling them about, to find the best place so 2 or more people can cook together. The kitchen company are now going to cut out the hob spaces.

I will post a photo of a complete overview separately

A great number of man-hours have gone into this project, and I am so grateful, but I daren't start naming people in case I forget one. But you know who you are - THANK YOU.
C
chrisb
Top poster

Re: New kitchen units

Unread post by chrisb »

http://glassonsailing.co.uk/wp/wp-conte ... 24x768.jpg
Overview as would be seen from outside the new external door.
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

Great job guys, and that trolley will double up for outboard maintenance
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
chrisb
Top poster

Unread post by chrisb »

We'd already thought of that. I'll let you know when we are open for bookings. Till then though well be doing tea and cakes from it on 4th May.
C
valsimpkin
Top poster

Unread post by valsimpkin »

Looks amazing! And, as you say, an incredible amount of work has gone into it by some very skilled people - the Club is very fortunate in the wide-ranging talents of its members and their generosity in giving up so much of their time. Where are the workshops?
chrisb
Top poster

Unread post by chrisb »

They just moved to Oakenclough Mill.