Merlo has puncture

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
Roger
Top poster

Merlo has puncture

Unread post by Roger »

Gilly has called a fixer. We don't know yet if a new tyre is required or just an inner tube, but it will be sorted asap at whatever cost.

There was a sharp piece of metal found on the slipway and I found about 6 nails / screws on a quick walkaround after assisting with with the boat recovery yesterday.

It's a timely reminder for people to make sure bits don't fall off their trailers !! and keep an eye open for 'FOD' on the hard standing and slipway.

Regards

Roger
Roger
Top poster

Re: Merlo has puncture

Unread post by Roger »

It''s fixed. Serendipity recovered by the Merlo this pm.

The bad news is that we're advised to get 2 new tyres to avoid the hazard of 'toppling over' if 1 went. Costs TBC but circa £600. We'll go ahead with this. Can't do otherwise.

Regards

Roger
davidb
Top poster

Unread post by davidb »

Assuming its the front that punctured, can we keep the good tyre for a spare for the back?
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
Roger
Top poster

Unread post by Roger »

Er nope. They are both 'condemned' and will be taken away when the replacements are obtained.
Or you can store them on your farm if you want with the 22 others on site ? :lol:

Regards
Roger
davidb
Top poster

Unread post by davidb »

Yes. I touched a sore point there, sorry.

Far too much FOD at my place as well, but I always scrap stuff a month too soon! Just before I need it.

" In aviation, foreign object debris (FOD) is any article or substance, alien to an aircraft or system, which could potentially cause damage.
Foreign object damage - Wikipedia "
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

Attachments
IMG_5986.JPG
(77.51 KiB) Downloaded 1123 times
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse