Easter Trip to Piel 3rd/4th April depart

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
Roger
Top poster

Easter Trip to Piel 3rd/4th April depart

Unread post by Roger »

Dear All,
Just 5 week-ends to go before the proposed shake-down trip to Piel over the Easter Week-End. The tides are right (because it's Easter !) and we have a 50/50 chance of some better weather.

There was a bit of momentum, towards the end of last season, in getting a group of boats sailing in company over to Piel and a good craic was had allegedly.

Let's try and use the event for getting the jobs finished and boats ready to sail !

Sea Fox is going, unless ISIS screws things up big time. Anybody else care to commit ? Am happy to organise a planning meet if people want to compare passage plans.

Regards

Roger
valsimpkin
Top poster

Re: Easter Trip to Piel 3rd/4th April depart

Unread post by valsimpkin »

Will there be a Millennium Bridge race for those staying more local, do you know, Roger?
Norman

Unread post by Norman »

Roger, Rice Pudding intends to be on the trip to Piel Easter Weekend.
Norman.
Big john
Top poster

Unread post by Big john »

Hi Roger /Norman I hope to join in the shakedown, Is it Piel Isle and Seaweed Corner ? Is Sea Fox up for Racing with the fast boats ? :P
Duncan
Top poster

Unread post by Duncan »

Tyres with wheels identified and due to collect on Saturday. Will 127 pcd fit 130 pcd or vice versa?. Well, the current owner when i asked him what the pcd was over the phone said,yeah near enough 5" mate! I,ll bring a round file just to be on the safe side and if i can hammer them on to the trailer hubs Suzi will be going to Piel at Easter.
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

Duncan, if you are using different wheels check the offset also, the tyre might interfere with the framework.
I'm afraid I'll be in Kent that week, and the way my son's bathroom is going I might be weeks before I can get my mast back up.
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
Duncan
Top poster

Unread post by Duncan »

Fingers crossed they should be ok Mick. The ones that are on now are really deep.
Roger
Top poster

Unread post by Roger »

Hi Val,
I'm sure there'll be other day boats who will come out to play if the weather is fair ! ?

John, yes, Piel and Sea Weed corner would be good as practice for the May Bank Hol week-end. Sea Fox is going to wup your keel ......... or sneak up to Snatchems if it's too windy.....

Looking forward to an early spring.

Cheers All

Rog
Roger
Top poster

Unread post by Roger »

John,
Still intending to go ? I'm minded to waft over Saturday and back Sunday.

Anybody else interested ?

Cheers

Roger
Big john
Top poster

Hi Roger Yeh planning to sat sail Sat. weather looking good ,prob. coming back Mon. cheers John.
Roger
Top poster

Unread post by Roger »

Great,
Weather forecast improving all the time.

Should be good.

Cheers

Roger
Big john
Top poster

Well we, did'nt have the best turn out of boats this year ,despite the good weather forecast . Cracking sail to Piel Isle Sat. then retire to the ship . Sun. A drift with the tide to Barrow ,plenty moorings available, Carvery at the Ferry Boat Inn ,where we met up with Rod (Retired King of Piel) Then a smashing night in the See Weed Corner ( What a friendly little Club ) Good Craic and Sing a longs.
P1030762.JPG
(11.43 KiB) Downloaded 3473 times
jack sparrow
Top poster

Unread post by jack sparrow »

Hi John

We went over to piel on Sunday, As we approached number 10 buoy the mist turned into a thick fog visibility 25 meters that remained the same all the way to piel. Yes there was only 4 boats there and can you blame them. The out line of the castle kept on coming and going through the fog. We never so any sun despite being told that it was cracking the flags back home.
Awoke 3.30am Monday to start our onward voyage to the Isle of Man only to find one of my plotters was not receiving any GPS signal (more work it was ok sailing across) stuck my head up through the hatch only to find I could not see the bow, it was that thick! So safety in mind crawled back in bed.
We departed Tuesday to make our way back to Glasson as we had not seen any sun and it was cold and damp.
We did see roger waiting for you to come down from sea weed corner.
The fog/mist only cleared when we passed through the dock gates only to see people eating ice creams and lounging on the grass.

It is another world this side of the wall.

Mick
The Other Woman
Crew Josh 19, Charlie 12.
Big john
Top poster

Hi Mick thanks for that , It must have been a bit pea soup, I did not see you as we sailed through the Piel moorings Monday morning , but Roger was bent on having a race back to Lune 1 . Anyway it was good to give the boats a shakedown and check out our navigational skills, AIS was worth its weight .cheers John.
Roger
Top poster

Unread post by Roger »

In GPS we trusted......

God knows how people managed before !