Streaker sailing dinghy on Offer

Please tell us if the Item advertised gets sold.
davidb
Top poster

Streaker sailing dinghy on Offer

Unread post by davidb »

I am trying to find a new home for a Streaker sailing dinghy that I started to build from a kit many years ago. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to complete it now, nor sail it even if I could do so.

The boat was purchased in 1980 as a Jack Holt kit and the work that has been done took place immediately following this. It is a wooden construction with copper ties used in the frame and fibreglass tape to make all the joins. Since then it has been stored in various garages until the last few years when it has had to be stored outdoors under a tarpaulin.

The build is about 90% completed with only a limited amount to finish in the cockpit area plus painting and fittings etc. While outdoors it has had some standing water in the cockpit so as well as completing the final construction, it now requires some repairs to the cockpit floor and probably re-sealing of some deck panels.

I still have everything that was supplied with the kit:

• Mast, boom and sail (no. 1185)

• Rigging and all fixtures and fittings

• Rudder, tiller and extension

• Centreboard

• Construction notes

• PVC cover
streaker1.jpeg
streaker1.jpeg (120.74 KiB) Viewed 230 times
The boat is currently on a road trailer but this is not road-worthy now. One of the wheel bearings was in need of repair and I expect the other one will be the same now. However, if someone wishes to have the trailer, they are welcome to it.
streaker6.jpeg
streaker6.jpeg (92.5 KiB) Viewed 230 times
I am not looking for any payment for the dinghy but I do want it to have a chance of a new life. Would you be interested in having this for a project? Otherwise, please could you pass this on to anyone who would be interested in having this and could complete the job?

Mark Grover 07919 383975
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"