Start having Zoom meet-ups again?

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
davidb
Top poster

Start having Zoom meet-ups again?

Unread post by davidb »

Its been a while since we had a Zoom meeting. When shall we arrange another one for?
Mick says he can do another 3-answer quiz for starters.
cheers, David
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
dr.syn
Top poster

Re: Start having Zoom meet-up again?

Unread post by dr.syn »

Anytime will suit me, I'm on lockdown 😭
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
Chriss
Top poster

Re: Start having Zoom meet-up again?

Unread post by Chriss »

Sounds good
chris
davidb
Top poster

this Friday 8pm?

Unread post by davidb »

So shall I send and email out for this Friday at 8pm? What Telly programmes will it clash with? or does everone use catch-up boxes these days? Saturdays and Sundays are not too good for us at the moment, but there is no reason some one else could host them on those days, its simple enough to do and I can still send the invitations out.

Cheers, David
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
dr.syn
Top poster

Re: Start having Zoom meet-ups again?

Unread post by dr.syn »

Yes let's try Fridays for a change. I'll get the questions sorted.
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
chrisb
Top poster

Re: Start having Zoom meet-ups again?

Unread post by chrisb »

Brilliant quiz, Mick. Thanks very much. And the chat after was on a refreshing variety of things.... I mean, you do get fed up of Covid, Covid after 8 months.
Just for the record, it was D who won, not me. Just cos I put my hand up (pushy woman :roll: ). He only got the number of moonwalkers wrong.
See you next week, same time. If/when lockdown ends, we'll give up again.
Cx
davidb
Top poster

Last Night's Disaster

Unread post by davidb »

Since we started this year we have had a grand total of 68 zoom meetings on on the club account and amazingly nearly all of them worked well. We had 50 of those up to the 15th of July.

But last night's was a disaster. We are still not sure what was going on on but the lesson learnt for me is: as soon as the meeting is established with a couple of good connections we shall make the second good connection into a co-host and then the meeting can carry on if the host computer loses connection. A pity Steve had to go to work before we got sorted, sorry Steve.

Strangely that computer had worked perfectly for a half hour Zoom call with the family an hour before.

The other lesson learned is to test the speakers and microphone before each session, I think my speakers were off for the start, but can't immagine why.

So now we have a spare quiz - we could use it at Wednesday lunchtime?

KBO, cheers, David