GSC Covid-19 Update - Track and Trace

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
Roger
Top poster

GSC Covid-19 Update - Track and Trace

Unread post by Roger »

Good news everybody ! - sort of

The government has shifted it's position. No, I didn't know either. From 22nd September we were required to collect visitor data and from 24th September Glasson Sailing Club has been legally obliged to provide a 'QR' code on display at the club to enable members to check in to on arrival.

The 'QR' code integrates with the Government's Track and Trace system through the NHS Covid-19 App and removes the requirement for people to physically sign in - which is the way to go.

Therefore, can people please download the NHS-19 App to their phones and use it to check in at the club when visiting. Your Hon Sec has organised the code squares to be laminated and they will be on obvious display in the foyer. Hopefully they'll work through glass.

This RYA link gives the latest info : https://www.rya.org.uk/SiteCollectionDo ... df?v=1.4.1

Various lock-downs will probably remove the liberty to visit the club in the near future, but anybody who does get there should help us stay legal.

Thanks and regards

Roger
valsimpkin
Top poster

Re: GSC Covid-19 Update - Track and Trace

Unread post by valsimpkin »

The NHS Track & Trace App doesn't work on iPhones older than 6S as far as I know - I know it doesn't work on ours which are 6 so hopefully a manual system will still be there for those of us who can't do it by scanning a QR code?
onewaygeorge
Top poster

Unread post by onewaygeorge »

How about people whose phones are not smart at all?
jack sparrow
Top poster

Unread post by jack sparrow »

Question if we don't go in the club house but only visit are boats and keep 2m distance from other people, then do we still have to go to the foyer and sign in.
Mick
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

Probably, it's to keep track of who else is near you. Not sure if the virus knows how far 2m is
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
onewaygeorge
Top poster

Unread post by onewaygeorge »

Just noticed a "get out" for most of us in the top line of page 3 of the RYA questions and answers.
davidb
Top poster

Unread post by davidb »

So now we have a valid reason for owning a decent smartphone - to avoid the need to touch a visitors book that others have used. The answer is on page 2 of the pdf and our QR code is readable from outside the building in two separate places:

NHS Test and TraceWhat are a club’s legal duties in relation to NHS test and trace?

There is now a legal obligation on clubs to ask at least one member of every party of members or visitors (up to 6 people) to provide their name and contact details. In addition, from the 24th September clubs are also legally required to display an NHS Test and Trace QR code to aid this process. This requirement applies whether individuals will be using indoor or outdoor space. The type of activity that the persons undertake does not affect this requirementnor does the duration of the visit.
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

I'm getting the new USB bucket app for my smartphone, you plug it into the side of the bucket then you don't even need to go into the clubhouse, everything can be done through the window
davidb
Top poster

it works

Unread post by davidb »

I did it today, it was absolutely instantaneous - no time at all to register! very clever.
checkin.png
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

Looks like if you stay overnight, you need to stay up till just after midnight and scan it again 🤣
valsimpkin
Top poster

Can someone clarify whether the book is still in the foyer for manual recording please - haven't been down but don't want to go looking for it, if it's not there
Chriss
Top poster

Unread post by Chriss »

The book is still there Val on the right hand notice board, someone has taken the pen though.
chris
valsimpkin
Top poster

Cheers Chris - as an ex civil servant and council employee, I'm usually in possession of a pen somewhere about my person, so that's fine :)
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

The moral here, Never ask to borrow a civil servant's pen🤣