Bar ceiling

Open forum - hide your email address if you are bothered about security
Roger
Top poster

Bar ceiling

Unread post by Roger »

Thanks to Peter and Adrian for the super job on the bar ceiling. Insulated above as well ! Electrics by Dave A and
ongoing painting by Kevin.

The jetty has had some more fettling from David B and Andrew..... but the tide was too high today to view.

And work on the galley is progressing.

Cheers all

Roger

1-bar43.jpg
1-bar43.jpg (55.44 KiB) Viewed 3199 times
Attachments
Proper job
Proper job
20190127_153743.jpg (75.71 KiB) Viewed 3252 times
dr.syn
Top poster

Re: Bar ceiling

Unread post by dr.syn »

Great job guys
Sorry I could not be there to help.
Dave, re fendering, how about heavy wall plastic hose if they do it in large bore
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
davidb
Top poster

Unread post by davidb »

If someone has time to look for some I would be very grateful. If someone has some thin walled 6" bore straight drain pipe, we could try cutting a 3 1/2 inch wide slot down one side and clip it over. Gilly said he might be able to find some to try.

I shall send an email out to all members on the subject shortly to ask for help. I'm very busy just now.

cheers, David
1-jetty2.jpg
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"
dr.syn
Top poster

Unread post by dr.syn »

Are you sure drainpipe won't shatter, it might get bumped quite hard, or is that for some other use?
I spent most of my money on Booze, Women and Boats. The rest I wasted.
We're born naked, wet and hungry - then things get worse
davidb
Top poster

Unread post by davidb »

Guttering downpipe and household interior type pipe is flimsy but the Osma type of orange underground pipe or gas or water pipe is a lot stronger, but it would have to be in straight lengths to be usable and is probably pretty expensive. We need about 30M of it.

Have a look at the drainage pipe I used for the horizontal guides down the sides of Sandpiper. Don't know how long it with withstand sunlight though.

cheers, David
"People who can breathe underwater when knocked unconscious dont need life jackets"